|Whites Chapel Cemetery
|The cemetery is one of the oldest surviving landmarks in modern-day
Southlake, Tarrant County, Texas. It is located on the southeast corner
of the intersection of Southlake Boulevard (FM 1709) and South White
Chapel Boulevard. In 2009 we completed a black wrought iron fence
with Austin white stone columns and arched entry way. The only walk
through entrance into the cemetery is through the south gate under the
Whites Chapel Cemetery archway. Visitors to the cemetery can park in
the northwest parking lot of White’s Chapel Methodist Church. With the
help of the Boy Scouts of America Troop 292 we have installed five
park benches throughout the cemetery grounds. Feel free to come visit
us and your family members and stay a while to rest and meditate.
|The cemetery is maintained by the Whites Chapel Cemetery
Association and it is still used from time to time by members of the
older families of the community. Like all pioneer cemeteries in the
area, many of its earliest graves are unmarked and some of the white
marble markers from the last decades of the nineteenth century has
begun to erode and are becoming illegible.
|"A Historic Treasure in the Heart of Southlake"